Pay per click is exactly what it sounds like, you pay for leads to click your advertisement. There are several advantages and disadvantages to pay per click campaigns, and it is crucial to know them, so you can decide what they can, and can’t, do for you:
- Immediate placement on the first page of the search engine
- Prominent visible placement
- Has a higher closing ratio than shared leads (i.e., Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com)
- Your ad appears only as long as you pay
- People instinctively avoid ads and other marketing
- You do not control the price of the lead. The more agents who participate the more expensive it gets.