MISTAKE #1: NO WEBSITE EQUITY
Renting a website vs. Owning a website
- This is very similar to the differences between owning vs. renting a home.
- If you rent a home (i.e. your website), you don't want to make investments in the property for improvements (or marketing dollars in your rented website) because when your lease ends, you don't get to take those benefits with you.
- When you own a home (i.e. your website) and make improvements (or marketing dollars in your website), you build equity and your house is typically worth more!
- In the internet marketing world, the longer you own your website and do SEO and drive traffic to it, the more valuable it is with the search engines!
MISTAKE #2: HAVING A NON MOBILE-RESPONSIVE WEBSITE
Having a non-responsive website (or one that has a mobile friendly add-on that doesn't work well on tablets)
- Google's latest updated, which has been nick-named "Mobilegeddon" went into effect on April 21st, 2015.
- This update is meant to push out all older non-responsive or partially-responsive websites off organic searches.
- What this means is that you do not have an up to date mobile friendly website you are being pushed out of organic searches on Google.
MISTAKE #3: UTILIZING LEAD FARMS - SHARED LEADS
Competing with countless other agents for Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com leads wastes time, energy, and MONEY
- It is undisputed in the internet marketing industry that the BEST leads come directly from your website and not purchased from other websites.
MISTAKE #4: HAVING ONLY A SHORT TERM MARKETING FOCUS / STRATEGY
Solely focusing on PPC Marketing and Not SEO
- PPC = SHORT term results (typically 2%+ close rate on leads)
- SEO = LONG term success (typically 5-10%+ close rate on leads)
MISTAKE#5: RESPONSIVENESS AND FOLLOW UP ON LEADS
Not following up with internet leads quickly and properly is just throwing money away
- It is also undisputed in the internet marketing industry that your Return on Investment (ROI) on your website and leads increases exponentially when you have an industry leading CRM / Lead Management system to help you work the leads.
- You will have some leads that are ready now, some in 3-6 months and some in 12+ months.
- Working these leads properly is essential to your success.